SudoCue Users Forum Index SudoCue Users
A forum for users of the SudoCue programs and the services of SudoCue.Net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kappa's "Sudoku Explosion"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Amy
Hooked
Hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Kappa's "Sudoku Explosion" Reply with quote

I found a magazine that has many varieties of Sudoku puzzles. Many are simple variations, but one is unique.

The varieties include overlapping (2 and 3 puzzles), eights, tens, random block, more or less, symboku (symbols), and super (16x16 puzzles using letters).

But the new one I haven't seen elsewhere is called "Blackout." In each row, column and block, there is one square filled with solid black. However, it can represent one, two or three different numbers, based on the row, column or block.

It's solved by elimination of possibilities, not standard procedures. Then some usual tricks come into play, like triples. It's not very hard once you get the hang of it, but I'm definitely enchanted by this puzzle!

Amy Grace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Publications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: