SudoCue Users Forum Index SudoCue Users
A forum for users of the SudoCue programs and the services of SudoCue.Net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SudoBooks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rep'nA
Hooked
Hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: SudoBooks Reply with quote

Ruud,

You have published some excellent collections of sudoku puzzles (No-Trick Ponies, Almost Nightmares, etc.) in a form readable by Sudo Cue. Is it possible for any user to create these .sdm files? If not, is this something that you are considering for a later version? I could swear I've heard you answer this question before, but I just can't find it on your site.

Thanks,
rep'nA

[Edit: It seems I can take an existing collection and replace the puzzles with new ones to make my own collection, but this somehow feels like cheating. Is there another way?]
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An sdm file is an ASCII text file with 1 sudoku puzzle per line. I often create and edit them with a simple text editor like Notepad.

You are free to use LF (Unix-style) or CR+LF (Windows-style) line separators.
You are free to use 0 or . (dot) for empty cells.

Empty lines are ignored, and also everything that starts with # (hash).

The following entries change the variant type. Only one of them should be placed in the file:

Code:
#V#Standard    (default variant)
#V#Diagonals
#V#Windoku
#V#Disjoint
#V#CenterDot
#V#Asterisk

Sounds like a good idea to have a "collection manager" in SudoCue. Takes some time to develop, though.

Ruud
rep'nA
Hooked
Hooked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruud,

Hmph. I see where I was having problems. Originally, I was just putting puzzles into notepad, saving it and then watching SudoCue not recognize it. Now that I have convinced Windows to not save it as a text file, and to give it the extension .sdm, everything is working fine.

It would be really slick to have a collection manager, but it is easy enough for us to make collections manually that I doubt it is the best use of your time. Alternatively, you might formally document the process on the website and have a link in the help file.

Thanks for the help,
rep'nA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: