New kid on the Grid
Joined: 09 May 2007
Location: Belgium - Ghent
|Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:44 pm Post subject: MPQ Sudoku - Sudoku program for the Windows platform
|MPQ Sudoku is a Sudoku solver/helper program for the Windows platform.
It has the following built in solving techniques covering eight difficulty levels:
- Naked Single - Easy
- Hidden Single - Easy
- Pointing Pair - Medium
- Box Line Reduction - Medium
- Naked Subset (from pair to quint) - Hard
- X-Wing - Crazy
- Swordfish - Crazy
- Multi-value X-Wing - Crazy
- Empty Rectangle - Crazy
- (X)Y-Wing - Insane
- XYZ-Wing - Insane
- Singles Chain (aka Simple Coloring) - Insane
- Jellyfish - Kamikaze
- WXYZ-Wing - Kamikaze
- Finned X-Wing - Kamikaze
- (Extended) Aligned Pair Exclusion - Kamikaze
- (Extended) Aligned Triple Exclusion - Extreme
- XY-Chain - Extreme
- Bifurcation - Mayhem
Sudokus not solvable by those techniques are rated to the extra Outlaw level.
- MPQ Sudoku comes with over 50.000 sudokus including the 36K 17-clue sudokus from Gordon Royle and The University of Western Australia, and part of the Top 50.000 from Ruud.
- MPQ Sudoku has some extended Hint functions built in, with an additional small hint window that is mainly ment for taking screenshots, and can be used in discussion forums.
- MPQ Sudoku has the ability to customize the hint-colors.
- MPQ Sudoku can import other sudokus by different manners (typing, pasting, Drag 'n' Drop).
- MPQ Sudoku can be downloaded from my website.
- MPQ Sudoku is written in Visual Basic 6.0 (source is not included).
- MPQ Sudoku is freeware.
- MPQ Sudoku requires minimum 1024x768 screen settings.