SudoCue Users Forum Index SudoCue Users
A forum for users of the SudoCue programs and the services of SudoCue.Net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AIC's for uniqueness arguments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Solving Techniques & Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sudtyro
Hooked
Hooked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: AIC's for uniqueness arguments Reply with quote

I'm trying to come up to speed on proper AIC notation for use with potential URs. Ron Moore's recent example in the 5/13/07 Nightmare thread where he used
(7=5)r4c4 - (5=37)r5c56 - UR - (37=1)r8c56 - (1=57)r47c4 => r3c4 <> 7,
was very helpful AND unambiguous in the cell notation(s) for the UR. It seems that all four corners of the UR are listed in the AIC, even if one or more corners have no extra candidates. Is that the convention?

Then, when I look at the Sudopedia articles on Uniqueness Tests 3 and 4, it is not at all clear how to write the AICs. E.g., Uniqueness Test 4 would seemingly involve a chain like
(4=27)r9c5? - UR - (27=8)r9c8? - (7)r9c8 = (7)r9c5 => r9c5 <> 2,
plus a second chain to eliminate the 2 in r9c8. Is this the correct chain, and what is the proper cell notation for this case? Must all four corners be somehow listed?

Also, in Uniqueness Test 3, I see the required strong (-only?) link between (2)r7c5 and (6)r7c6, but not sure of the proper AIC for the two eliminations shown. I'm guessing probably a grouped AIC like:
(6=57)r7c56 - UR - (57=2)r7c56 - (2=96)r89c4 => r8c6 <> 6? And another to eliminate the 2?

Uniqueness Test 6 is similar to Test 4 but has the extra candidates on the diagonal. Actually, the initial text and the image in this example are wrong. The diagonal 9's (U in text) should be eliminated and not the 6's (V in text). Proper cell notation for the AIC?

And finally, in Uniqueness Test 5, is the AIC simply
(6=59)r2c89 - UR - (59=6)r6c89 => r1c8 <> 6?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Myth Jellies
Hooked
Hooked

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think any notation which shows the four corners somehow weakly inhibiting the completion of the deadly pattern best depicts what is going on. I like what you have written. There really is no standard though, and many people willl just use strong links between the extra candidates because that is the way AURs were originally depicted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Solving Techniques & Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: