SudoCue Release 3.0.0 (Beta)

Find the latest software releases on this site, with detailed info.
zoltag
Expert
Expert

Post by zoltag »

Here is another odd problem.

I cannot make this happen on purpose BUT:

sometimes when I put SQ in the background it leaves the regular bottom bar (whatever it is called) and goes to where the DATE/TIME and network and such are. I have to right click and pick resume.

http://i14.tinypic.com/542wf0j.jpg
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

The problem with the strange letters is fixed.

new update at http://www.sudokuvault.com/SudoCueV300.msi

The program now minimizes to the system tray (notification area), so you can quickly hide it when your boss enters the room. Double-click the icon to restore the window.

Ruud
zoltag
Expert
Expert

Post by zoltag »

Ruud wrote:
The program now minimizes to the system tray (notification area), so you can quickly hide it when your boss enters the room. Double-click the icon to restore the window.

Ruud
Thanks Ruud, I use "show desktop" fairly often and that is what sends SQ to the System Tray.

Double-Click is way better than "right-click...select Restore" !
zoltag
Expert
Expert

Post by zoltag »

Ruud wrote:The problem with the strange letters is fixed.

new update at http://www.sudokuvault.com/SudoCueV300.msi

Ruud
I just downloaded it and installed. I still get funny letters.

Do I have the correct version?

http://i12.tinypic.com/5y8py1f.jpg
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

I downloaded the newest beta this morning (I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new), and I'm still not able to save to .SDX file. I thought perhaps it might be just the "invalid" puzzles (i.e. constituent puzzles of a gattai--this time it was the Kazaguruma from the Specials page), but I wasn't able to do it with the Asterisk puzzle (from the Specials page), either, nor the first puzzle in the Easy-Medium collection. And in all cases, Save is greyed out.
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

This may be more in the nature of a wish list item rather than a bug, but whenever I open a variant puzzle file (Asterisk, Sudoku-X, etc.) and then realize (after getting the "invalid puzzle" message) that I need to change the variant, it clears the puzzle from the grid and I have to reopen it. It would be nice for it to keep the puzzle on the grid after I change to the correct variant.

Also for the wish list, it would be nice to have the row and column numbers printed outside the grid (preferrably on all four sides) on a printed puzzle, and to center the puzzle horizontally on the page.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Since I cannot replicate these problems anymore, maybe the browser caching is causing you to download an earlier version.

Please check the About dialog. It should show version number 3.0.0.3. If it is showing an older version, clear your browser cache before downloading the installer package.

enxio27: your wishes have been noted. Not in this release though...

Ruud
zoltag
Expert
Expert

Post by zoltag »

Ruud wrote:Since I cannot replicate these problems anymore, maybe the browser caching is causing you to download an earlier version.

Please check the About dialog. It should show version number 3.0.0.3. If it is showing an older version, clear your browser cache before downloading the installer package.

Ruud
That did it, I now have version 3.0.0.3 and no more "Su", thanks!
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Ruud wrote: enxio27: your wishes have been noted. Not in this release though...
OK--does that include the saving to .SDX? (I could have sworn that the most recent 2.x.x.x version would save to .SDX.) I do have the 3.0.0.3, by the way.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Saving in .sdx format can only be done in Play mode using the Save As menu option. You need to enter at least one non-given digit to enable the .sdx format, otherwise the program will not consider your current puzzle as a game in progress.

The Save menu option will only save original puzzles and is disabled when the givens have not been changed since you loaded the original puzzle.

Ruud
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Ruud wrote:Saving in .sdx format can only be done in Play mode using the Save As menu option. You need to enter at least one non-given digit to enable the .sdx format, otherwise the program will not consider your current puzzle as a game in progress.
Hmmm. . . maybe I messed something up in the puzzle, then, when I did save to .SDX. I was hoping to be able to save a puzzle with pencil markings without having to go through the "copy marks to clipboard, open Notepad, navigate to save path, and save" rigamarole. (For the Clueless puzzles I print each constituent puzzle with pencil marks, and save them to file to cut'n'paste the pencil marks for the tenth puzzle.)

Wish list item, then? Or will Clueless Helper be able to do this once you add printing capability?
zoltag
Expert
Expert

Post by zoltag »

Something is doing odd things with my cursor.

I may have a problem unrelated.

It only happens to me when SQ is active yet reduced. ( I think. )

Anyone else have odd mouse/cursor troubles?
JLynn
Hooked
Hooked

Post by JLynn »

I posted another thread on this, but I'm going to delete that since this seems to be the place to report problems.

Does anyone else notice that the latest version of SudoCue isn't using Table Conflict/Table Verity at all?

I have all the solving tools turned on, and I've yet to see SudoCue use Tabling at all. Puzzles that would normally be solved by a few Table Conflicts now are using a Brute Force step instead. I've seen this a few times with the Tough puzzles from sudoku.com.au. To confirm my theory I've run a few of Ruud's Top 10000 puzzles through SudoCue. No tabling at all, and one Brute Force step each.

Another thing while I'm here, I've noticed that SudoCue seems to be attributing a Locked Candidates 2 move to Locked Candidates 1. Anyone else notice this?
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Good catch! Thanks.

The Locked Candidates 2 error was easy to solve, but I'm still investigating the tabling error. As soon as I have it fixed, I will issue a new release.

Ruud