SudoCue Users Forum Index SudoCue Users
A forum for users of the SudoCue programs and the services of SudoCue.Net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samurai 44

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Samurai 44 Reply with quote

I have no comment feature on the weekly Samurai, but testing this puzzle was a real pleasure, so I'd be interested to know your opinion on this Samurai.

Ruud
jsmif
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one of the super-expert solvers, but I quite enjoyed this one. I ended up doing it twice (the first time I used a move I disapprove of in theory, just 'cause I was in a hurry), and there seems to be a definite solving path to it, involving a lot of interplay between the grids.
Nouggie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Samurai #44 Reply with quote

Hi Ruud,

The puzzle is excellent...and deceptively difficult.

At about the 15 minute point I had completely solved the LR constituent puzzle and the UR puzzle awaited but one input from the solution puzzle. At this point I thought I would be done by 20 minutes. Razz

Well, 15 minutes later, Embarassed I finally found the triple in the UL constituent puzzle. Idea

The triple produced a quad. The quad produced a "1" and then a "3" in nonet #1 of the solution puzzle.
Back to the UL constituent puzzle.
The "3" produced a naked triple, followed by an x-wing, that revealed a second x-wing!!!

Nice solution sequence, Ruud!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Samurai Contest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: