SudoCue Users Forum Index SudoCue Users
A forum for users of the SudoCue programs and the services of SudoCue.Net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clueful jigsaw

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smythe Dakota
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Clueful jigsaw Reply with quote

In another thread, Princess Amy wrote:
.... I'm working on a Clueless Jigsaw ....

Here's another idea.

Provide a completely filled-in 9x9 grid, but no grid lines. The object is then to figure out where the grid lines go, i.e. how to divide the 81 cells into nine 9-piece jigsaw pieces such that each piece contains each digit 1-9.

Presumably, the original row and column restrictions would have to be honored. Also, each piece would have to consist of nine contiguous cells (diagonal corner touches don't count). Also, you'd have to insist that no 9-cell piece coincides exactly with a complete row or column.

Can anybody come with a good puzzle along these lines? The idea is kind of like the Domino puzzles in another thread.

Bill Smythe
Para
Yokozuna
Yokozuna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

These types of puzzles already exist but they tend to ignore the sudoku type grid. It is just a collection of usually letters, where you have to divide the grid in sections with the given letters, say A-E or A-H. They are fun and can be very challenging. Not sure if i can quickly find some examples online. I'll look around if you would like to see some.

Para
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: