Clueless Helper

This forum is dedicated to the <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/clueless.php">Clueless Specials</a> published each Monday on the website.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Clueless Helper

Post by Ruud »

I have released a Clueless Helper program for those in need of some help solving these puzzles.

The program can download all Clueless Specials and Explosions directly from the website, switch between the overview and the 10 constituent puzzles, save your progress and keep track of solving time.

Tools are pencilmarks and digit highlighting. No hints, no solver. That's your task.

Free trial for 30 days. After that, unlimited licence for only $5.

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nj3h »

Hi Ruud,

Looks great!!!

I agree with charging. There is no free lunch in today's world!

Is there a way to manually enter the puzzles from your website? Like pasting in all nine strings of numbers?

Regards,
George
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Hi George,

Pasting puzzles into the program is not possible in the current version.

Restricting puzzles only to be loaded directly from my website prevents people from using illegal copies of the program. In the near future, I will make a version that can be registered offline, which can open files that were saved by another copy registered by the same person. This will solve your laptop issue.

So far, I've only released freeware, so I am very new to this protection stuff. Maybe I will learn a few new tricks in the future. For now, this is the only way I can protect the software.

cheers,
Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Post by cowgirl »

Hoi Ruud,

I wil ask a question in dutch, maybe can Ruud translate this,

Heb de clueless helper gedownload, (was toch nieuwschierig ), maar is het ook mogelijk om met de pencil marks zelf een cijfer weg te halen.
b.v. je ziet dat een 3 niet in een bepaalde rij kan komen, dan kan ik hem niet verwijderen zelf, tussen de andere cijfers weg. Of doe ik iets verkeerds. :-k

I find the space bar now, sorry :oops:
Groetjes van cowgirl Gemma
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Hello Ruud and other users of the helper
After 2 hours and 10 minutes i am realy stuck in the puzzle.
Is there anyone who made it?
I am talking about the extra clueless
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Only 2 hours and you give up? :shock:

I verified the puzzle and it's A-OK. Solved it in just over an hour 8-)

When you are stuck, the answer lies in the left-bottom sudoku, number 7.
That's all you get from me.

Ruud
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nj3h »

Hi Ruud,

I was using the helper this evening and I noticed that if I hit the delete key TWICE after entering the first cell number I found I got a message about an unhandled exception. I even get this error when I first load the program with no puzzle loaded when I hit the delete key twice.

Regards,
George
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Ruud wrote:Only 2 hours and you give up? :shock:

Ruud
I will never give up, Ruud, you should know that :twisted:
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I started again and finished in 1 hour 37 minutes!!! :oops:
TKollen
Regular
Regular

Clueless Helper

Post by TKollen »

Ruud,

Although I am a beginner at using Clueless Helper I think there are some features that would improve this already great program for me (this goes for Sudocue as well):

I noticed that the window maximize button is disabled. Why not provide the user the option to maximize the window and using the display screen to its fullest potential. Each cell would thereby be twice as large (linear) and make it would make it easier to read the markups.

Rather than using the Home button to switch between global and local view I would prefer to do this with a right-click.

Rgds,

Tomas
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I never use the home button because i do not look at the total puzzle