SudoCue Users Forum Index SudoCue Users
A forum for users of the SudoCue programs and the services of SudoCue.Net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sudocue hints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Help Me! I'm stuck!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jontaw
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Sudocue hints Reply with quote

I have been using the Sudocue hints to help solve a Daily Nightmare puzzle. I have learned the techniques required to understand each hint. My last hint is "Digit 1 by Brute Force Solver". What does that mean.

Thanks for help.
Jon[/quote]
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

a warm welcome to you!

You should check the solver settings with the menu option Tools/Options.... On the Solver tab, you see all the selected solving techniques. Some of these are not enabled by default, so you have to enable them yourself. Also check that subset and seafood sizes are set to the highest value.

When you have saved these options, you need to reload the Daily Nightmare. Brute Force is no longer required.

When the solver cannot use any "human-style" tricks, it will try to complete the puzzle by testing each possible value. The first cell solved will be shown to the user. This is the same as guessing. You do not need it for the Daily Nightmare when your solver settings are correct.

cheers,
Ruud
jontaw
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudd,

Thanks for your reply. I had assumed it was something like guessing, which, of course, is an unacceptable way to solve the puzzle. I will follow your instructions and see where it gets me. I bought an expert book of Sudoku's but they only take a few minutes to solve using the computer to do markup. This was my first attempt at a Daily Nightmare. I am still learning how to recognize the different difficult solving techniques. Thanks again.

Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Help Me! I'm stuck! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: