SudoCue Users Forum Index SudoCue Users
A forum for users of the SudoCue programs and the services of SudoCue.Net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Killer Jigsaw walkthrough?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Texas Jigsaw Killers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynn893
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Killer Jigsaw walkthrough????? Reply with quote

Can anyone give a definition of EXACTLY what is involved in solving a killer jigsaw puzzle?

I found the 'regular' (gentle, moderate, diabolical) jigsaw puzzles on the other site that Ruud moderates, and really enjoy them.

I'd love to try out some of the ones on this site, but really don't have a clue as to how to start one.

If there is anyone out there who wouldn't mind setting up a little walkthrough/tutorial, that would be absolutely fantastic!!

Thanks in advance!
Lynn893
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lynn893,

I've just done the Texas Jigsaws #23, #24, and #25, and have enough material to write a walkthrough (if time allows). Unfortunately, I can already tell you that the initial moves in all three of these puzzles were completely different, so there's no one way to do them. On a positive note, once the first few "killer moves" (excuse the pun!) are found, the puzzles tend to solve quite quickly (unlike some of the Weekly Assassins, which require chipping away at the candidates for ages until a digit materializes).

Unfortunately, I can't provide a tutorial here, because I haven't got a web site where I can host the screenshots. So my walkthroughs (should I post them) will be in textual form only. Therefore I strongly recommend reading Jean-Christophe's killer lingo guide (http://jcbonsai.free.fr/sudoku/?page_id=3), if you haven't already. Armed with this information, you'll be able to follow the walkthroughs using SumoCue, by performing the candidate eliminations manually. Unfortunately, it's common for people to by-pass steps they consider obvious when posting walkthroughs. For example, they'll just say something like "digit 6 locked in 15/3 cage in N1/C3", instead of "digit 6 locked in 15/3 cage in N1/C3, candidate 6 eliminated from all other cells in N1 and C3". So one has to be careful not to miss any intended candidate eliminations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Texas Jigsaw Killers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: