SudoCue Users Forum Index SudoCue Users
A forum for users of the SudoCue programs and the services of SudoCue.Net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 3 of SudoCue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Version 3 of SudoCue Reply with quote

Hi Ruud,

There is something definitely acting differently with the new version. This became evident with the new weekly Samurai.

In the past, I load the puzzle into the Clueless Helper and then use Copy Possibilities into SudoCue. This way the overlapping areas agree on each SudoCue grid.

I used to save the puzzle as a sdx. Now it can only save as sdk.

The overlap areas now don't agree with its counterpart in the other grid. It appears that SudoCue is ignoring the pencil marks that are copied in and reverting to the pencil marks calulated for just the grid itself.

I sure hope you can make the program behave as before. This issue will affect any overlap puzzle.

Regards,
George
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further:

Where the problem appears is as follows.

The overlaps actually paste in ok. The problem is that I saved all five files first and then opened the files later to print them off. When they are re-opened, the pencil marks seem to have been reset for each individual grid and did not retain the state they were in as brought in from the Clueless Helper.

I think this is because sdk files do not behave like sdx files. The sdx files (from a previous beta 3 comment) cannot be saved until a change has been made to the puzzle. When a grid from a Samurai puzzle is read in, in essence, one has a changed puzzle.

Recommend that Version 3 be modified to allow saving of sdx files without making changes to the grid.

Regards,
George
enxio27
Master
Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Version 3 of SudoCue Reply with quote

nj3h wrote:
In the past, I load the puzzle into the Clueless Helper and then use Copy Possibilities into SudoCue. This way the overlapping areas agree on each SudoCue grid.

I used to save the puzzle as a sdx. Now it can only save as sdk.

So it's NOT just me and a faulty memory, or inadvertently making a change to a puzzle before saving to .SDX!

Quote:
Recommend that Version 3 be modified to allow saving of sdx files without making changes to the grid.

Yes, please!!! Yes
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No your memory is just fine. The ability to save pencil marks for grids from overlapping puzzles is a handy feature. I hope Ruud will consider going back to the way it was.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your arguments have convinced me.

I will correct this soon.

Ruud
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ruud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SudoCue Users Forum Index -> Samurai Contest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: