86?

This is not the right forum to discuss the Big Bang Theory,<br>but if you have any comments on last Saturday's <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/explosion.php">Clueless Explosion</a>, you can post them here.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

First and foremost I also hope that Ruud is sound and well and that nothing has happened to him or his family.

It is a bit strange that there is no countdown to Clueless Special 104. This is the first time that I have not seen a countdown to one of the weekly puzzles. My guess is that the countdown is automatic and has no relevance to whether a puzzle will show up or not. To both Clueless Explosion 84 and 86 there were countdowns, but no puzzle showed up when the countdown reached zero.

I have been making computer programs for more than 30 years, and my experience is that even programs that have been running problem free for years can fail due to even minor changes to their environment.

Perhaps Ruud is on vacation and uploaded puzzles and did some last minute software changes to www.sudocue.net before he left, but that unfortunately these changes are not working 100% correctly causing the problems we are currently experiencing.
Hilsener i fra vikingen :viking: Børge
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

the count down is there for the special. Less than 12 hours!

Ruud, hope everything is ok with you. If you can find one, can you post an explosion soon?
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

While we are waiting for Clueless Explosion 86 I have taken the liberty of reformatting the Black Friday gattai-21 puzzle Ruud posted on www.sudocue.net/special.php July 13, 2007. My reformatting allows you to write pencil marks. So if you haven’t solved it yet you may want to give it a try.

There are four versions:
BlackFriday.png (Clues have a light yellow background)
BlackFriday_cbg=gbc.png (Clues have the same background colour as the grid)
BlackFriday_withPencilMarks.png (With computer generated pencil marks and clues with a light yellow background)
BlackFriday_withPencilMarks_cbg=gbc.png (With computer generated pencil marks and clues with the same background colour as the grid)

I will delete the files in a couple of days!!!
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

hmm there is a hurricane above our little country, i hope Ruud is not searching the explosions somewhere in the area there, because where he lives the storm is much harder as in my area, and here in the south of the netherlands the storm is very bad. :shock:
jsmif
Regular
Regular

Post by jsmif »

Concurring with hoping all is well with Ruud.

And thanks, Børge! That's one I never got around to solving.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

The Clueless Special 104 showed up at the expected time, so the Clueless Explosion 86 not showing up is hopefully just another case of Ruud forgetting to upload new puzzles to his web site.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

[quote="Børge"]The Clueless Special 104 showed up at the expected time, so the Clueless Explosion 86 not showing up is hopefully just another case of Ruud forgetting to upload new puzzles to his web site.[/quote]

hopefully, this is the case.
sublue
Regular
Regular

Post by sublue »

Hey Marlie,
Are The Netherlands still there? I don't have a TV (imagine, an American home with no TV), thus I was unaware of the weather conditions in your country until I saw your post.
Susan
Susan
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Hello Sublue
Thanx for asking, an american with no tv? :shock:
Of course the netherlands are still there. We are a little country but very strong. There was much storm last evening and night. The hurricane is called Emma.Germany and Tsjechoslovakia was even worse i heard.
I think it's nothing as in amerika sometimes whith the tornado's but very special for us.
I made a lttle card so you can see. I live near the yellow point but i can't tell where Ruud lives exactly. I am sure Ruud is al right and this has nothing to do with the storm. Maybe he took a little vacation? I don't know.

[img=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9688/hurricaneemmaox4.th.png]
sublue
Regular
Regular

Post by sublue »

Marlie,
I'm glad you came through the hurricane ok. Thanks for the card. I used to live on the East Coast of the US, so I know how bad a hurricane can be. Hurricane season for the US starts June 1, so I was surprised to hear of an active one now. As you noticed, I now live in Tornado Alley. Not much of a problem unless it hits you directly. You can be across the street and be fine.

I'm hoping all my SudoCue friends (especially the Dutch, Germans and Czechoslovakians and anybody I missed through ignorance) made it through the storm unharmed.

Susan
Susan
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

[quote="Marlie"]hmm there is a hurricane above our little country, i hope Ruud is not searching the explosions somewhere in the area there, because where he lives the storm is much harder as in my area, and here in the south of the netherlands the storm is very bad. :shock:[/quote]

Hopefully there was minimal to no damage. We just have freezing weather here in Toronto, ON Canada. Wind chill was between -30 to -15 (celcius) for the past week.

And, I guess we'll have to wait until next Thursday for our explosion fix...???
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

lynn893 wrote:And, I guess we'll have to wait until next Thursday for our explosion fix...???
If Ruud is on vacation and have forgotten to upload new puzzles before he left we may have to wait longer.

I do not know how much vacation you are entitled to in The Netherlands or Canada each year, but several countries in Europe have pretty generous vacation regulations. In Norway it is 5 weeks per year (6 if you are above 60) and in Germany (where I have lived part of my life) it is normally 6 weeks per year. If you are not able to take all your entitled vacation within the calendar year, you normally have to take it within the first quarter of the following year, otherwise it expires.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

In the netherlands it is different. Where i am working in the psychiatric hospital we can get 2 weeks for sure In total i have 24 days but i am only working for 20 hours a week .
Till now i always had 3 weeks. And here and there a few weeks
The boss wants us to use as many days if we can but in busy times we will take the days to the next year.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

To avoid any misunderstandings:

The figures I gave for Germany and Norway for entitled paid vacation are for a full time employee. If you work less than full time, your entitled paid vacation is reduced accordingly.

In Norway a full time employee normally works 37.5 hours a week. Some employers reduce this to 35.0 hours during the summer time.
In Germany a full time employee normally works somewhere between 35 and 42 hours a week dependent on whatever deal the union has struck with the employer.

@Marlie: I assume that a full time employee works more than 20 hours a week in The Netherlands?

Hmmm, we are getting dangerously off-topic here :lol:
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Børge wrote:
@Marlie: I assume that a full time employee works more than 20 hours a week in The Netherlands?

Hmmm, we are getting dangerously off-topic here :lol:
Getting off topic is allowed untill Ruud is coming back i guess...oops :lol:

Normaly an employee in the Netherlands works 40 hours that's correct but i am a parttime worker and that's more than enough for me with an household and 3 kids and a truckdriving husband