86?

This is not the right forum to discuss the Big Bang Theory,<br>but if you have any comments on last Saturday's <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/explosion.php">Clueless Explosion</a>, you can post them here.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

I'm in Canada, I work full time (42 hours per week) and am only entitled to 3 weeks per calendar year (after 7 years in my field, with no carry over [meaning if I'm not able to take it, I lose it]).
I wish I had more vacation...................... and an explosion to work.....

(I know I was off topic, but you've got to admit, it was a great 'back on topic' ruse.............. :o) )
Glyn
Major Major Major
Major Major Major

Post by Glyn »

After 85 Clueless Explosions you are entitled to one week off.
According to EC Directive Sud1-9INCRB.
I have 81 brain cells left, I think.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

hmm it's monday
Most people in the netherlands take vacation from monday till monday or mondaymorning till friday evening(midweek)
If Ruud had 1 week he should come home today.
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

well at least Yuri got his puzzle done on time.
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers
Sarah
Regular
Regular

Post by Sarah »

Just to fill in the aside blanks - employers in the US don't have to give off any vacations or holidays. That being said, most will automatically give f/t employees the federal holidays (or equivalent flex time) and generally 2 [but sometimes 1 to start] weeks vacation. For demanding or short supply fields, the base can be 3 or 4 weeks. Most will also add ones for seniority but, again, none of this is mandated. Treatment of sick days also varies - some have now rolled time into the "vacation" allotment to allow for this, while others have unlimited leave [with proper documentation], although the latter is becoming more & more like the dodo bird.
cowgirl
Addict
Addict

Post by cowgirl »

Hoi,

last message from Ruud, is a long time ago.
Ma Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm

I think this is't vacation. i hope he is't ill and Ruud is coming back soon

(nederlands
laatste bericht van Ruud is al lang geleden.
ik denk dat het dus geen vakantie is. Ik hoop dat hij niet ziek is, en spoedig hier terug komt)
Groetjes van cowgirl Gemma
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

hmm indeed too long. :cry:
Should we start to worry?
I think yes

(Dutch)
Hmm inderdaad te lang :cry:
Moeten we ons zorgen maken?
Ik denk t wel.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Pete wrote:well at least Yuri got his puzzle done on time.
Je ne comprend pas :?: :?: :?:
Hilsener i fra vikingen :viking: Børge
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Sarah wrote:Just to fill in the aside blanks - employers in the US don't have to give off any vacations or holidays. That being said, most will automatically give f/t employees the federal holidays (or equivalent flex time) and generally 2 [but sometimes 1 to start] weeks vacation. For demanding or short supply fields, the base can be 3 or 4 weeks. Most will also add ones for seniority but, again, none of this is mandated. Treatment of sick days also varies - some have now rolled time into the "vacation" allotment to allow for this, while others have unlimited leave [with proper documentation], although the latter is becoming more & more like the dodo bird.
Then sadly little seems to have changed in 20 years. In 1985 I started working for the Norwegian subsidiary and some years later for the German subsidiary of a then very large US computer manufacturer. If I remember correctly, what you write is pretty much what my US colleagues told me back then regarding US vacation and sick leave. They were a bit envious of the generous vacation regulations in Germany and Norway, although back then you had one week less vacation in Norway than today.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

cowgirl wrote:last message from Ruud, is a long time ago.
Ma Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm
I think this is't vacation. i hope he is't ill and Ruud is coming back soon
Marlie wrote:hmm indeed too long. :cry:
Should we start to worry?
I think yes
Although I have not been posting in this forum until last week, I have been browsing it now and then, and I have the distinct feeling that for several months now Ruud has been posting lesser and lesser. Several questions from different members have not been answered. When Clueless Explosion 84 did not show up on time, “Nasenbaer” started a thread but Ruud never posted an explanation just uploaded the puzzle subsequently.

I have searched a couple of other Sudoku forums where Ruud is active and the last posting I could find was from Fri Jan 25, 2008.
http://www.setbb.com/sudoku/viewtopic.p ... udoku#9103

Hopefully he is just very busy. In several previous postings he has written that he is “busy, busy”. Since I work in the IT industry myself, I know from first hand experience that it can be extremely busy at times; you hardly have time to sleep. I have in fact once managed to have 325 billable hours in a single month. For several years now I am not an employee anymore, but “a free gun for hire”.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I wrote him a mail tonight and he always anwesr within a day.
We have to wait.
25 of januari is also too long it's 3 march now.
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nj3h »

US Federal Govt has great leave. Annual Leave, after 15 years service, 208 hours a year. 240 hours carry over that can be saved until retirement. Also 10 holidays. You get paid for unused annual leave when you retire. So I had 240, plus all my use or lose from 1007. Nice check!

Sick leave is 104 hours a year which all can be carried over.

I just retired in Jan with over a year of Sick Leave, which just adds time to your years in service. This was such a great deal, that the US govt changed the sick leave rules and the retirement rules in 1983. Those of us already there come under the old system, which lets you retire at age 55.

As they say in Russia, Dos ve Donya, to the job. Now more time for other things.

By the way, I sure hope Ruud is doing ok. That's the problem with the internet. It is really hard to find out about our friends in real life.

Regards,
George
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

The countdown to Clueless Explosion 87 is there. It’s a 24 hour countdown.

@Marlie: Can I assume that Ruud has not answered the e-mail you sent him about 45 hours ago?
If he had answered I presume that you would have notified us through a posting.
Last edited by Børge on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Børge wrote:.

@Marlie: Can I presume that Ruud has not answered the e-mail you sent him about 45 hours ago?
If he had answered I assume that you would have notified us through a posting.
Ruud did not response to my mail.
This is not normal, i don't know what to think.
Greetz Marlie
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

sheould we start a new thread for clueless 87 or is it all covered here?
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers