Fatal error in solver log

Ask your support questions for SudoCue here
Mats Anderbok
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Fatal error in solver log

Post by Mats Anderbok »

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Sudocue (and Framework), but it won't work properly. I have tested it on two different computers. When I start the program most features, like Markup, Hatch and Braid Analysis, seem to work fine. But when I open the Solver log window and choose solve, I get a Fatal error (System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Sudoku.Game.DrawRounds(Graphics g) at ...). The grid solves, but no steps are shown. Also Hint and Step don't work.

The error report (Would you like to tell Ruud about this error?) doesn't seem to work either. I get "Error sending mail" ... Check the settings in "C:\program\Sudocue\Sudocue.exe.config" ...

It would be really nice to see the detailed solving steps, because my own solver (www.anderbok.com, Java applet) doesn't use nearly as many logical methods. I started in June 2005, but haven't had enough time and energy to finish it yet. Rigth now I'm translating my solver from Swedish to English. (I also have a Scrambler, called "Permute", so it really isn't a unique feature as Ruud claims.)

Most things on this site are excellent, like the solver guide and nigthmare archive. Great work Ruud! I have already donated a few dollars.

Framework version 2.0 (x86)