Notice regarding these forums

If you want to talk about something else, start here
enxio27
Master
Master

Notice regarding these forums

Post by enxio27 »

If you haven't visited here in a while, you may not be aware that these forums are, for all intents and purposes, dead.

As of January 2008, Ruud has moved on to other interests, although he is apparently alive and well. As a result, no new puzzles are being generated for posting on the main site (although the daily One-Trick Ponies, X-Files, and Jigsaws repositories have not yet been exhausted). In addition, no new user accounts have been approved since January, nor can they be without Ruud's intervention, which doesn't appear to be forthcoming.

Most of the regular users have moved to a new set of forums established and graciously hosted by Richard Broughton, author of SudokuSolver. They can be found at:

http://www.rcbroughton.co.uk/sudoku/forum/index.php
Afmob
Expert
Expert

Post by Afmob »

I know you had good intentions but you didn't have to make a post in every single sub-forum. Especially since in some parts of the forum like the Assassin part there were already posts and a thread about our new home.
Andrew
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Post by Andrew »

It was a very good idea for enxio to post that message on all sub-forums. Many people go, or used to go, directly to a particular sub-forum. I still go directly to the main Assassin page so that I can access Ruud's excellent combination calculator. If I click on Forum from the main Assassin page it links to the Assassin forum. I rarely went to the main forum page.

I suppose it might have been a problem for people who get notified by e-mail when messages are posted. I don't know how many people use that facility.