Clueless Special #6

This forum is dedicated to the <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/clueless.php">Clueless Specials</a> published each Monday on the website.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Clueless Special #6

Post by Ruud »

A new Clueless Special has been published here on www.sudocue.net

Because it's Easter Weekend, this puzzle is not as mind boggling as the previous one, but as always, the Clueless Specials are a treat to those who enjoy a few hours (days) of puzzling fun.

Enjoy, and Happy Easter to all! :D

Ruud.
Henry
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Possible multiple solutions ?

Post by Henry »

Is it possible that there are many solutions to the Clueless special 6 ?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I found 8 and stopped the search, there maybe more.
I can send some PDFs with sols if you want.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Hi Henry,

welcome to the forum and to the website.
Henry wrote:Is it possible that there are many solutions to the Clueless special 6 ?
If you would have asked this question right after the release of Clueless Special 1 through 4, I would have answered: Maybe. Not anymore. they now have all been verified.

Starting with Clueless 5, these puzzles are now created with a program that has a backtracking solver, which ensures a unique solution.

The most common cause for players to find multiple solutions is a transcription error.
I can send some PDFs with sols if you want.
You can send 2 of them to my e-mail. I can quickly check what causes the problem.

cheers,
Ruud.
Henry
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Post by Henry »

Ruud, you're right. in fact, all my "solutions" were wrong, since I hadn't checked back all the 9 blocks. They are really hard to solve.