Clueless explosions

This is not the right forum to discuss the Big Bang Theory,<br>but if you have any comments on last Saturday's <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/explosion.php">Clueless Explosion</a>, you can post them here.
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Clueless explosions

Post by Pete »

I believe the clueless explosions are easier as a class then regular clueless.

with the explosions you get clues for each cell in the way of row+column+box.
Almost every box will have a digit that eliminates a possibility from the final puzzle.

with clueless the entire box is empty at the start so there will almost never be box eliminations at the outset .

And besides they feel easier.

Pete
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers
Nasenbaer
Master
Master

Post by Nasenbaer »

I feel the same way. But I don't want to miss them. :D

My main problem with both the clueless and the explosions is that I sometimes get careless when I suddenly stumble upon a nest of clues. A lot of time can be wasted when a simple turn of numbers occured... :(

So, keep up the good work, Ruud!!! :D

Greetings,
Nasenbaer
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

well i just did the #7 with the 1705 rating
a finally pluged it into a real program.. it spotted a quad and an xy wing in the blue puzzle

the clueless #25 I did all alone.. it didnt require quads or xwings
i spotted some triples i think.. but that was 3 days ago

how about ratings on all the puzzles there were some i just couldnt get ...
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nj3h »

I think Ruud indicated in a previous message thread, that nothing higher than x-wings were required for the cluesless and the clueless explosion puzzles. Of course, I could have gotten that wrong.

Regards,
George
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

" I have changed the program that I use to make Clueless puzzles. It can now also make Samurai puzzles." Ruud

Yes!!!

The clueless explosion 19 is also OH so eazy... not tuff

The samurai required 2 x-wings tuff.

Murphy's Laws.

1) Bugs will appear in one part of a working program when another 'unrelated' part is modified.

2)There's always a bigger bug. (misquoted in starwars episode 1)

3) If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.

4) Program complexity grows until it exceeds the capability of the programmer who must maintain it.

5) Every non- trivial program has at least one bug
Corollary 1 - A sufficient condition for program triviality is that it have no bugs.
Corollary 2 - At least one bug will be observed after the author leaves the organization.

6)The subtlest bugs cause the greatest damage and problems.
Corollary - A subtle bug will modify storage thereby masquerading as some other problem.

7)A 'debugged' program that crashes will wipe out source files on storage devices when there is the least available backup.

8) A hardware failure will cause system software to crash, and the customer engineer will blame the programmer.
Corollary - A system software crash will cause hardware to act strangely and the programmers will blame the customer engineer.

9) Undetectable errors are infinite in variety, in contrast to detectable errors, which by definition are limited.

10) Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later.

11) Make it possible for programmers to write programs in English, and you will find that programmers can not write in English.

12) The documented interfaces between standard software modules will have undocumented quirks.

13) A working program is one that has only unobserved bugs.

15) No matter how good of a deal you get on computer components, the price will always drop immediately after the purchase.

16) All components become obsolete.

17) The speed with which components become obsolete is directly proportional to the price of the component.

18) Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user.

19) If a circuit requires n components, then there will be only n - 1 components in locally-held stocks.

20) A program generator creates programs that are more buggy than the program generator.

21) The best way to see your boss is to access the internet.
Or...
No matter how hard you work, the boss will only appear when you access the internet.

22) The hard drive on your computer will only crash when it contains vital information that has not been backed up.

23) For any given software, the moment you manage to master it, a new version appears.

24) The new version always manages to change the one feature you need most.

25)A patch is a piece of software which replaces old bugs with new bugs.

26)Failure is not an option, it's included with the software.

27)A program is good when it's bug free - which is impossible.

28)Investment in software reliability will increase until it exceeds the probable cost of errors.

29) If Murphy's laws are so true then how come I can log onto this site and submi

[connection reset - error message 928 ]