Difficulty level: got harder?

This is not the right forum to discuss the Big Bang Theory,<br>but if you have any comments on last Saturday's <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/explosion.php">Clueless Explosion</a>, you can post them here.
Nasenbaer
Master
Master

Difficulty level: got harder?

Post by Nasenbaer »

Still not much to do these days, so I did two Clueless Explosions (which were still laying around) for relaxation. As it turned out they weren't that relaxing.

I did the numbers 22 (tough) and 23 (very hard). Both of them gave me a really hard time, especially when I compare them to the "normal" clueless with the same rating. In my opinion the "normal" clueless got a lot easier and the clueless explosion got a lot harder. Or is it just me?

Don't get me wrong, this is no complaint, just an observation. What do the others think about it?

Peter
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

harder clueless and explosions...

Ruud said he modified hes clueless maker to do samauris

and lo that week clueless and explosions were easier than the o so ez example ... an fact they werent even clueless (clues in the blue)
these harder puzzles gotta be fallout from that redo

theres an explosion i havent solved yet.

I thought explosions were easier than clueless .
Now they seem harder.

I guess the new rater takes into account the centerdot advantage...

ive seen valid centerdots with 15 or 16 clues ....

Probably this is the same program Ruud uses for the shalins and windmills, these are really hard too.

But all this is merly speculation, Ruud will probably break the story real soon.
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Programs get better...
Errors get fixed...
Puzzles get harder...

There is a patttern emerging. The Explosions now do take the center-dot eliminations into account. I also discovered some nice "base" patterns for explosions, which yield more difficult puzzles.

The Clueless Special, Samurai and all the new overlapping puzzles are created with a new program called GattaiMaker. This program creates overlapping puzzles in a completely different way, and it rates puzzles by not only looking at advanced techniques, but also by looking at the number of steps required to solve the puzzle. When a puzzle has 20 naked and hidden singles, these counts as a single step. The more steps a puzzle requires, the harder it is to spot singles and other moves, unless you cheat and use a computer program.

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh