86?

This is not the right forum to discuss the Big Bang Theory,<br>but if you have any comments on last Saturday's <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/explosion.php">Clueless Explosion</a>, you can post them here.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Marlie wrote:I am sure it was the right Ruud where i called she knew of sudoku.
We have to wait now, it's weekend and we must give Ruud the time he needs to respond here.
All agree?
I agree. We need to give him some time.
Jean-Christophe
Addict
Addict

Post by Jean-Christophe »

Marlie wrote:I have to say that someone else found the adress and number, i just called. Don't know if this person wants to say it's name here.
I am the person.

I found Ruud's address a phone using some tool I won't reveal here, but this is for sure the right Ruud.

I doubt in he in the plant business. Our Ruud lives far away from that nursery @ Boskoop.

Using Google map, I can even see Ruud's house and garden 8-)

We don't see any car nor anyone enjoying the sunny wheather. Other speculations, Børge ? :D
Last edited by Jean-Christophe on Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Jean-Christophe wrote:We don't see any car nor anyone enjoying the sunny wheather. Other speculations, Børge ? :D
None I care to share. I have a vivid imagination. 8-) :whistle:
Glyn
Major Major Major
Major Major Major

Post by Glyn »

I was wondering whether there was a connection between Sudoku and plants, (Bonsai or otherwise) JC.
I have 81 brain cells left, I think.
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Post by mhparker »

Glyn wrote:I was wondering whether there was a connection between Sudoku and plants, (Bonsai or otherwise) JC.
Very witty, Glyn! :lol:
Jean-Christophe wrote:I am the person.

I found Ruud's address a phone using some tool I won't reveal here, but this is for sure the right Ruud.
Great work, J-C - you're a real "Hurcule Poirot"!

So at least we've got the right Ruud. All we need to work out now is why, if he's fit enough to go to the office, he's choosing not to reveal himself.

Maybe it's just a ruse to whip up a bit of interest and get us all together? As Børge says, he's probably smirking away right now reading all this. A bit like reading one's own epitaphs...

In any case, it's certainly nice to meet up with you all here. Unfortunately, I can't create Clueless puzzles (Explosion or otherwise), but maybe someone else around here could (hope you're still listening, J-C! :wink: )?
Cheers,
Mike
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

Glyn wrote:I was wondering whether there was a connection between Sudoku and plants, (Bonsai or otherwise) JC.
I think the sudoku addict is a close realtive to the couch potato
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers
JLynn
Hooked
Hooked

Post by JLynn »

:lol:

But at least one that is trying to use its brain!
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I am prity sure Ruud is not the one with the pottering garden thing in Boskoop 8-)
Sarah
Regular
Regular

Post by Sarah »

Sorry for the confusion :? , comment was just a generic one [sweatshop, factory, grindstone, bread & butter]; had actually meant to overwrite plant with business. [Well, time to get back to the ***; how are things at the *** with the fill ins rotated are used among a group of friends].
Only actually meant the rest of life was getting in the way....
[I often am amazed at what year it is....]

I had seen the other site, but did not think it was our Ruud as his command of English exceeds that used for the .eng text on that site.

I do hope illness was not part of the equation, and he can come up for air soon.

Speaking of the living plants, though, I bet it's lovely over there now. I fondly remember a long-past visit in March to the Keukenhoff.

:idea: The connection with sudoku & plants must be an appreciation of beautiful things.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

It 's to early for flowers and beautifull plants now.
In the nights it's around 0 degrees Celcius (freezing) in the days around 10 degrees.Do you know krokus and narcis? They are coming up now.
At this moment there is still not enough in the Keukenhof.
Yesterday was one of the first beautifull sunny days.
TKollen
Regular
Regular

86?

Post by TKollen »

Jean-Christophe,

If you are certain that that you have found the "correct" Ruud's address and phone number why don't you do all of us a favor. Please call him up and ask him what's going on.

For the speculations about the Boskoop location: I can't imagine Ruud as a florist regardless of the command of English at that website.

Rgds,

Tomas
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Re: 86?

Post by mhparker »

TKollen wrote:Jean-Christophe,

If you are certain that that you have found the "correct" Ruud's address and phone number why don't you do all of us a favor. Please call him up and ask him what's going on.
I don't think that would be a good idea, Tomas. For reasons on privacy, it is much better if there is only one point of contact between us and Ruud, otherwise he might start becoming concerned as to how many people know his personal details and find this intrusive. The point of contact is, of course, Marlie, who also has the advantage of being able to converse with Ruud's wife or daughter in Dutch, should Ruud not be at home, as was the case for the first call. If Marlie calls again, she could also refer back to her first call (for example, asking the daughter if she passed on the earlier message and/or what the reaction was).

I would suggest that Marlie (assuming she is willing to do so) waits a while, then calls back. As Børge said, it would also be a good idea to call at a different time of day, when Ruud is likely to be around.

Even if Ruud (for whatever reason) is not able to post a message himself, I am sure he would be willing to pass Marlie a message that she can then publish here on the forum.

Lastly, although it was interesting to see J-C post a photo of Ruud's house, I would suggest that J-C removes it soon, again for reasons of privacy. At the latest, when Ruud gets back, it will probably be the top candidate for deletion on his list!
Cheers,
Mike
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

I agree 100% with Mike. We have to respect Ruud’s privacy. All the great stuff he does for the Sudoku community is voluntary and free of charge and we are in no position for demanding or even requesting any kind of service from Ruud.

As I wrote earlier I have searched extensively for Ruud on the Internet and have not been able to find his private address or phone number, but very likely his mobile cell phone number. I am really impressed with Jean-Christophe; as Mike wrote a real Hercule Poirot.

Since there is so little information about Ruud on the Internet, it is in my opinion a sure hint that he values his privacy.

I did find Ruud’s private home page: http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/r.vanderwerf
and http://www.sudokuplaats.nl
But no trace of him, his wife or daughter in http://www.telefoonboek.nl And using Google Earth I looked up approx. half a dozen candidates from www.telefoonboek.nl but none of the addresses matched Jean-Christophe’s picture.
Jean-Christophe
Addict
Addict

Post by Jean-Christophe »

I removed that picture of Ruud's house. Although I doubt one could locate the place from the picture. There were no street names and there are thousands of places like that in the Netherlands.

No, I'm not Hercule Poirot, it just took me about 10 sec to find Ruud's address. Very simple indeed. :roll:
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Jean-Christophe wrote:No, I'm not Hercule Poirot, it just took me about 10 sec to find Ruud's address. Very simple indeed. :roll:
Suddenly it occured to me how you did. Indeed really simple and it only takes 10 seconds. ](*,)