86?

This is not the right forum to discuss the Big Bang Theory,<br>but if you have any comments on last Saturday's <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/explosion.php">Clueless Explosion</a>, you can post them here.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Pete wrote:sheould we start a new thread for clueless 87 or is it all covered here?
Personally I would prefer to just continue this thread but I have no strong feelings against starting a new thread for the missing Clueless Explosions 87, although I do not see anything to be gained by doing that.
Hilsener i fra vikingen :viking: Børge
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Presuming we want further Clueless Explosions to solve, we somehow have to get in contact with Ruud.

If anyone happens to know his business email address, sending him an email at that address might be worth a try, unless that is what Marlie already has done. If he is out of the office, on vacation or a business trip, there should be an auto reply stating when he will be back. Last Friday (February 29, 2008) I sent him an email at the address <ruud@sudocue.net> but I have so far not received an answer.

Another option is to call him at work, assuming someone knows where he works (which easily can be deduced from his business email address). If his employer has an “old fashioned” switchboard/reception, when calling it and asking for Ruud you should theoretically either be connected with Ruud or if he is not there be given some clue to his whereabouts (meeting, training, vacation, business trip, sick leave) and when he his expected to be back in the office.
TKollen
Regular
Regular

86?

Post by TKollen »

I have also sent Ruud an e-mail but I have yet to get any response.
This is indeed unlike Ruud and I hope everything is OK with him and
that this site remains in business, including the "explosions".

Rgds,

Tomas
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Last edited by Marlie on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

It seems that Ruud has not been on his other site lately either. His last post seems to be Dec 1, 07 on the djape.net site.

I don't know what to say. I'm getting very worried as this is completely unlike Ruud to just disappear like this.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

No Borge found out:
I have searched a couple of other Sudoku forums where Ruud is active and the last posting I could find was from Fri Jan 25, 2008.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Last edited by Børge on Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Heej Borge
Ruud wrote this in a dutch sudoku forum only for members maybe that's why you did'nt find it.
I changed this one letter :oops: but further i think my english is better as your dutch hahahaha lol :whistle:
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

lynn893 wrote:It seems that Ruud has not been on his other site lately either. His last post seems to be Dec 1, 07 on the djape.net site.

I don't know what to say. I'm getting very worried as this is completely unlike Ruud to just disappear like this.
Marlie wrote:No Borge found out:
I have searched a couple of other Sudoku forums where Ruud is active and the last posting I could find was from Fri Jan 25, 2008.
I searched www.djape.net and all the forums Ruud has links to on his link page www.sudocue.net/links.php
Last edited by Børge on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Post by mhparker »

H(o)i folks!

Greetings from an Assassin forum regular, as well as special greetings to all of you Dutch speakers over here!
cowgirl wrote:last message from Ruud, is a long time ago.
Ma Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm
Børge wrote:I have searched a couple of other Sudoku forums where Ruud is active and the last posting I could find was from Fri Jan 25, 2008.
That's very interesting, Børge. It effectively rules out a bad accident (for example) as the possible cause, because that would have resulted in a sudden cessation of activity on all forums simultaneously shortly after Jan 14. Instead, what we see here is that there was at least an 11 day period where Ruud was able to post here, but for some reason didn't.
Børge wrote:Hopefully he is just very busy.
Possibly. But, even if that were the case, it should be possible to at least find a few minutes to make a post or announcement within a period of 7 weeks! I suspect that Ruud just burnt himself out and felt the need to break free.

Whatever the reason, it would be courteous of him to reappear sometime very soon and inform us as to what's going on.

P.S. Marlie : Interesting "new" information about the lung operation. Thanks for that.
P.P.S. Børge : Are you really "North of the Polar Circle"? :viking:
Cheers,
Mike
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

Marlie wrote:Heej Borge
Ruud wrote this in a dutch sudoku forum only for members maybe that's why you did'nt find it.
I changed this one letter :oops: but further i think my english is better as your dutch hahahaha lol :whistle:
I searched for several of the DUTCH strings in your post using www.google.com and www.google.nl. Nothing turned up, and I like to think that I am really good at searching the WWW.

Your English is definitely far better than my Dutch. Since I speak and write Danish, German, Norwegian and Swedish pretty fluently I am able to vaguely understand written Dutch; normally not all details, only the general context. I had no problem ordering DVDs from a Dutch online shop some years ago. But when people speak Dutch, I hardly understand anything (I have travelled through Schiphol several times).
Last edited by Børge on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

mhparker wrote:P.P.S. Børge : Are you really "North of the Polar Circle"? :viking:
I must admit that I am currently not living north of the polar circle but I have actually lived 14 years of my live north of the polar circle in the Norwegian city Tromsø http://www.destinasjontromso.no/english/index.html Among others I studied IT at the university there. Now I only spend approx a month every year there wisiting my mother and my siblings and their families.

I actually entered that location as an inside joke to Pete’s “claim” that "It gets dark at night" :wink:

Grüße nach Deutschland, meine zweite Heimat. Image
FirstOfNine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FirstOfNine »

hmm... I hope Ruud is fine or at least better soon if he is ill... It's weird how much you rely on some web service on the net without knowing anything about the person behind. Though, I think, there is some sort of "community" of Sudoku players...
Get well soon. Best wishes...
Glyn
Major Major Major
Major Major Major

Post by Glyn »

As Ruud has not been posting on the other sites, three of which he is Moderator for, we can assume that something serious must have happened. Let's hope that everything turns out ok.

Daily Nightmare and Windoku stopped mid Feb, but X-files and One Trick Ponies continue to be posted, I guess they are automatically loaded from a database. Hanidokus are being uploaded automatically at the other site as well.

It appears that the Assassin group are able to put together puzzles which are being posted in the forum. If anyone can generate Clueless variants perhaps they can post them for everyone in the meantime. A poser for those with automated solvers perhaps, and dissecting previous puzzles for their underlying construction might keep everyone amused in the meantime.
I have 81 brain cells left, I think.
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

Hello Borge with the / somewere
It looks good in Tromse / .
Why is Germany your second home?
I live near the German border so my German is not so bad i think?

Warum ist Deutschland deine zweite Heimat?
Ich lebe ganz in der nähe von der Deutsche Grenze also mein Deutsch ist nicht Fehlerfrei aber auch nicht slecht, oder?

The only good thing for Ruud's absence is that we now learn more of each other. I always like to know where people are and come froom, how they are etc.