Non Consecutive Sudokus

Report new features you like us to add to SudoCue
Nasenbaer
Master
Master

Non Consecutive Sudokus

Post by Nasenbaer »

Non Consecutive: No cell may include a number consecutive to any adjacent cell.
Example: If R2C2 = 2 then none of the cells R2C13 and R13C2 can hold the numbers 1 or 3

There are not many Non Consecutive sudokus out there (at least I haven't found them). But I like them. It gives another twist to sudoku. And I hope they get more popular.

So here is my suggestion for SudoCue 3.0 (or maybe earlier? :wink: ) :
The new variant "Non Consecutive". And maybe "X Non Consecutive".

Or, maybe as a starter to see if there is interest for this variant, you could try some on your Sudoku Special Page. Or make it a weekly feature. Or daily. Ups, I think I got carried away... :wink:

What do you think about it?

Peter
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Peter,

The nonconsecutive is an interesting variant, but not easy to implement. It is similar to the (non)consecutive, where the thickness of the lines indicate whether or not 2 adjacent numbers are consecutive. DJApe has recently published a (non)consecutive Clueless on his site.

I would have to modify my generator program first to be able to create this format. If I succeed, I will post a sample on the Special page.

My Generator can now create the following variants:
4x4 , 6x6, 9x9, 12x12, 16x16
Standard, X, DG, Windoku, Center Dot, Jigsaw

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nj3h »

Hi Ruud,

Will these other variants be rolled into SudoCue at some point in time?

George
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

At firtst i did'n't understand what it was al about.
But.....now i am addicted to his variant too.
Thanx Peter
Nasenbaer
Master
Master

Post by Nasenbaer »

Sorry, I didn't think about your generator, just about the solving. Creating seems to be a lot harder than solving. I am confident that you figure it out.

Yes, DJApes (non)consecutive clueless is great. And I already solved it. :wink: And Jean-Christoph has yet another variant: nonconsecutive killer. I haven't started them though.

Peter