Broader WWW and Import support

Report new features you like us to add to SudoCue
MorganNY
Regular
Regular

Broader WWW and Import support

Post by MorganNY »

Would be great to have a "Select from Daily Nightmare Archive" option, similar to the one in Clueless Helper, in the Open WWW menu.

While you've done a great job with import support, many sites don't have an ASCII option and trying to copy/paste the clues doesn't seem to work.
Is it possible to make a parser that would accept such input? The issue seems to mainly involve spacing. I tried pasting a puzzle from the clipboard into a text editor to see I could use find/replace to add the zeros/periods SudoCue would need to render the puzzle. I got double the expected amount of spaces. I assume it's because of the grid since even adjacent clues within a row had a space between them when pasted. It's a bit of a drag having to enter in clues manually. I don't know if this is possible to do since I'm sure different sites use different methodology/languages in their sudoku webpages. I just think it would be a big plus if it was possible.

It's your own fault, you know. SudoCue is so great, I don't want to work on puzzles without it. :)

P.S. I went to the RUUD section of help and clicked the Donate button and was informed by Paypal that you were unable to receive funds.
Regards and thanks for all you've done to advance my sudoku abilities.
rep'nA
Hooked
Hooked

Post by rep'nA »

It would also be terribly convenient to be able to directly download the daily One Trick Pony while in SudoCue.
"Obviousness is always the enemy to correctness."-Bertrand Russell