Enable the Enter key to insert hidden singles and lone can..

Report new features you like us to add to SudoCue
Brian
Regular
Regular

Enable the Enter key to insert hidden singles and lone can..

Post by Brian »

I really liked the recent improvement to the Clueless Helper to make it insert the obvious number when I double click on a cell with only one candidate left, or when the highlighted number is the only one left in the house. It would be nice if you could make the Enter key work the same way.

When using the mouse for a long time my arm gets tired. So I like to alternate between the mouse and the keyboard. The arrow keys work very well for navigating around SudoCue and the Helper, but when I reach for the numeric keypad to insert the number I want, I sometimes hit the wrong key. I would like to be able to hit Enter, one of the biggest keys on my keyboard, when it is obvious which number should be inserted.

It took a while to get used to it, but I now use SudoCue more often than Simple Sudoku. If you add the three features I miss from SS: the ability to highlight pairs, more readable candidates and Enter key support, your software really will be better in every way. :D

Many thanks,

Brian.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

In SudoCue, the Insert key performs this function. I did not yet implement this key action into the Clueless Helper, but it will be in the next release.

Highlight pairs is already on my ToDo list :)

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh