Saving puzzle state in SumoCue

Report new features you like us to add to SudoCue
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Saving puzzle state in SumoCue

Post by mhparker »

Hi Ruud,

Are you planning to provide the ability to save the puzzle state in an upcoming SumoCue version?

I know this has been asked for by others before me, but I'd like to add my name to the list of people requesting this feature.

BTW, if you do add this feature, please make it a text format (rather than just a binary dump of the internal object graph) so that we can post the file contents to the forums, etc. This would be especially useful for people who don't have a website to host any screenshots.

Maybe color should also be one of the cell attributes saved in the file? That would be useful for walkthoughs for highlighting moves...
Cheers,
Mike
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Hi Mike,

saving the puzzle state in SumoCue is high on my todo list. It will definitely be a text-based format, but color info is not available in SumoCue.

Besides, all BBCode and HTML tags are ignored when you place something between {code} tags. I'd have to modify the forum code to change this. It would probably be easier to add a mod that allows you to upload images.

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
Methuselah
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Methuselah »

<BUMP>

Yes, please, Ruud !

I'm sometimes a little too quick on this PC . . .
. . . and have now hit Solve instead of Hint for the last time on this IQ puzzle. :evil: (there's no undo for a solve)

I sometimes take a screenshot, but it's painful to re-enter all the pencil-marks again.

I will be quite happy to do any beta testing you need done.
How about helpfile updates or related doc for websites etc ?

You just gotta yell.

Robin.
Johannesburg