Printing puzzles 4-up

Report new features you like us to add to SudoCue
enxio27
Master
Master

Printing puzzles 4-up

Post by enxio27 »

I would like to be able to print four puzzles of my choosing (from a set of .SDK files, a single or set of .SDM files, or generated by Sudocue by difficulty level) on a single sheet of paper. Ideally I would like to be able to cut the sheet in half crosswise and have a 1/2" (1.25cm) margin at the top of each half, with 1/4"-1/2" (.625cm-1.25cm) margin on the other three sides and about the same margin between the left and right puzzles. I would also like to be able to choose between printing the puzzles (clues only) or printing the solutions
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

I have been designing a "collection editor" for SudoCue, where you can add puzzles, remove or reorder them, and print (part of) the collection. This feature is not ready yet, but it will be added to one of the next releases.

Ruud.
enxio27
Master
Master

Post by enxio27 »

Is this the collection manager you mentioned in another thread?
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

yes
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

I know about this but I have no idea where I found it.
I have collected WAY too many sudokus

I have a collection file manager that I made myself, probably because im so paranoid about copyright , after a program I submitted to a publisher got published distrubited and marketed, rewritten for apple and commodore
then the publisher sent me $150. with the check was a letter saying I release all rights, I never did try to cash that check but sent many unanswered letters.

At any rate my Program unlike the .SDI or.SDK format just adds all the info
about it at the end of the file.
it puts plain jane in the sdi format so that sudocue can rate them.
the SDL file is exactly The sort of thing im interested in.
but the output is appended to the origional puzzle

Ive been longing to see the clueless or killer ratings ....

Id love to have more comments about my stuff,
Theres stuff I put in the manual that most people think is a waste.
most of the comments in this thread seem to be of a RTFM variety.
... Shouldnt assume.. RTFM ReadTheFantasticManual

Ruud had my program but couldnt read the log. I had no idea that would be a problem anywhere... i would ASSUME he has a Dutch code page as his default/system font...I dont.. but I never said to right click on the log to change the font either..

A very wise man said:

"The only stupid question is an unasked one"

College had many things they usually call prerequisites so you dont get in over your head. I was longing to take a graduate level course in computer programming that I saw in the course guide .. it also says if i dont have the 4 years of required prerequsites it is possible to get permission from the instructor to take the course....
so I talked to the departmant head, he said i couldnt possibly pass or understand the material without the prerequsites, BUT he liked my intrest and would give me a chance. So he gave me the course final exam.
Said come back in a few days if you did well enough ill consider taking you as a student.
I came back the next week asked about another test he said no... i ask why ... he says "we already sent your profiency credit to the bursers office."
13 years of education shot to hell.

in Short :

Ruud,
Good answer to a parenthetical Question.
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers