Daylight savings time?

This is the place to complain about the latest <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/samurai.php">Samurai</a> or boast about being in pole position in the list.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Daylight savings time?

Post by lynn893 »

Hi Ruud,

Is the Samurai set up for daylight savings time? I was just on the site and it stated 'less than 2 hours to go' but it really should be less that 1 hour (18 minutes to be precise if you do daylight savings time also).

Thanks!
Glyn
Major Major Major
Major Major Major

Post by Glyn »

Hi Lynn

I got the same message at 10.50GMT (about 5 miles from Greenwich so easy for me to know when to download), and puzzle appeared sharp at midnight here halfway through this weeks episode of 'The Sopranos'. If you look at your post it shows 10:43pm.

Daylight saving starts on Sunday 25th here, so I'll be able to get to bed earlier in 2 weeks unless Ruud starts setting Very Hard level. :roll:
I have 81 brain cells left, I think.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

Here in Canada, the 'powers that rule' decided to follow the States and start Daylight savings time 3 weeks early - which, honestly, is ok with me - more daylight, less depression I always say - so I was just wondering if Daylight savings time was being implemented over on your side of the world as well (as I post this, your time states 1:27 a.m. but here in Canada it is only (after 'springing forward and losing an hour) 9:28 :D
Sarah
Regular
Regular

DST

Post by Sarah »

DST dates vary all over the globe.

Eur used to match us 1 season, but be off a week in the other.

A full list is at:
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst2007a.html
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

well the classic case for us english speakers...
has to do with THE church

19 days hath septembre in 1752

The pope ( Gregory ) decided on a better calender on the year 1600
The anglicans dont follow the pope but the 11 days difference bothered a lot of the bean counters... so the bean counters won.

catholics and protestants still argue in england could be a timely thing.

If we kept that up we would be 17 days different now.

Saudis still use standard time... noon comes at noon sorta like living in greenwitch during standard time ... except for the 8 min or so difference
due to the 23.5 degree tilt change difference between an elipse and a circle.
mean solar day as opposed to solar day.

364.2429 days in a year siderial ( gain a day goin around the sun)
365.25 julian days in the calandar
365.2425 gregorian days in the calandar

The Church actually did something worthwhile!!!
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers
Princess Amy
Hooked
Hooked

Post by Princess Amy »

In Arizona, we don't go on or off Daylight Savings Time at all. We're "Standard" year-round. :sunny:

When you change, I don't know if the puzzles will be earlier or later, but I think my current times (GMT -7) are:
Monday 5 pm
Thursday 5 am
Saturday 3 am

I've gotten home from school a couple times right at 5 for Samurai, but no way am I waking up that early for Clueless!

The main thing I anxiously await is to find out the difficulty level! I like "tough" and "hard" best. If I see "moderate," I can sit down and solve in one sitting. I usually walk away from the medium-level ones at least once or twice. But the "very hard" I always end up trying more than one day. And a couple weeks ago I had midterms and couldn't get back to it before the new one arrived :cry:

I'd love to be able to save my work, but when I try to re-open the files, the program crashes. Does that happen to other people, too? Oops, it's the Clueless that does that to me, this part of my post is heading the wrong directon.

Well I'm off to figure out how to post my first original puzzle here!

Amy Grace :princess:
Brian
Regular
Regular

Post by Brian »

Hi Amy,

If you are having problems restoring saved puzzles I think you may be using an old version of the Clueless Helper program. I downloaded a new release of the program on January 25 and found that I couldn’t restore saved puzzles. By the evening of January 26 Ruud had fixed the problem and there was a new version 1.1.1.0 available for download. If you start the program, click on Help and About, you can check which version you have. If it is lower than 1.1.1.0 you should install the latest version and that should solve your problems.

Brian.