The Daily Jigsaws are ready

Complain about the difficulty levels or show off your solving skills.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

The Daily Jigsaws are ready

Post by Ruud »

As of Monday, March 12, 2007, there will be a Daily Jigsaw Sudoku on the SudoCue website. The page will contain a string that can be selected and pasted into SumoCue. There is also a printer-friendly version of the page. An archive will be added soon.

Difficulty levels will range from Moderate on Monday to Ultra Hard on Sunday. There is also a numeric rating, based on the total score for advanced techniques required. A line-box reduction scores 2 points and a coloring step scores 9 points. Law of Leftover moves score 3 points, and often contribute significantly to the total score.

Feel free to discuss the puzzles here in this dedicated forum.

Ruud
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

You absolutely are THE BEST!

Thanks Ruud!
Last edited by lynn893 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Post by mhparker »

lynn893 wrote:Double click also does not work to select the entire code string
Have you tried triple-clicking the code string instead of just double-clicking it? Works fine for me (I'm using IE7).
Cheers,
Mike
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

I actually found Ruud's SumoCue program and that lets me paste after I select which shape it is.

my only problem is that the 'save' is grayed out and so I cannot do any biurifaction..... when I'm at the last few difficult steps of the puzzle!

:o)

Post by Guest »

my only problem is that the 'save' is grayed out and so I cannot do any biurifaction..... when I'm at the last few difficult steps of the puzzle!
It's actually bifurcation!

But yes, it's true, you can't yet save the current state in SumoCue. There are already quite a few direct and indirect requests for this in the forums, and I reminded Ruud about it yesterday. It's high on his to-do list...
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Post by mhparker »

By the way, that last forum entry was from me.

Ruud, how is it that I can post to the Daily Jigsaw forum without logging on, but not to the others?
Cheers,
Mike
unkx80
Hooked
Hooked

Post by unkx80 »

Ruud, thanks for the daily Jigsaws! I thought that the difficulty of the Killers and the Jigsaws over at sudoku.org.uk is just right for me, but as a very lazy person, I find it a big hassle when trying to input their puzzles into SumoCue... :P
mhparker wrote:Ruud, how is it that I can post to the Daily Jigsaw forum without logging on, but not to the others?
Most likely Ruud forgot to disable anonymous posting in this forum when he created it.
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

take back

Post by Pete »

I think you can already take back many moves.

cntlZ ^Z does ok

not quite a save feature
but you usually notice pretty soon when guesses go bad
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nj3h »

Hi Ruud,

Is there some additional guidance you can provide as to the rating versus what techniques are required? For example, is there a way to tell if techniques x-wing and below plus law of leftovers are all that is required to solve a partuclar puzzle.

Regards,
George
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Just avoid the puzzles rated Super Hard and Ultra Hard. They may appear at the end of the week.

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
mhparker
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Post by mhparker »

The interesting thing is that we've already completed 5 days of the weekly cycle and are still only at the moderate level! Many people would already rate today's puzzle (which is definitely more difficult than yesterday's) as pretty tough.

Mind you, I suppose it's all relative. A moderate for Ruud is probably a hard for most mortals. If that's the case, I hate to think of what's awaiting us in the ultra hard category! Maybe I'll choose Sunday as my day off... :)
Cheers,
Mike
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I made them all the whole week but is there coming a contestant list?
I hope so :lol: