Download and Install

If you have an opinion about SudoCue, post it here
David Bryant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Download and Install

Post by David Bryant »

Hi, Ruud!

I downloaded and installed the SudoCue program today. I had a couple of small problems, and thought you might like to hear about them.

I'm dividing my time between Windows and Linux these days. So I tend to forget a couple of things that a regular Windows user might not overlook. Anyway, I used my Firefox browser to download the install program without any problems. Then I ran the install.

It informed me that I needed the .NET framework component, which was as yet not installed on my Win machine. And it very helpfully fired up a link to the right MS page. Unfortunately, it did this inside my Firefox browser, so after a few minutes of navigating through the MS maze I was informed that I had to make the update using MSIE.

So I killed Firefox and started up Internet Explorer, which is not my browser of choice. But when I went back to the install program it kicked off Firefox again, probably because I've set Firefox as my default browser. So then I cut the link out of Firefox and pasted it into the MSIE window, and everything went pretty smoothly after that.

I don't know if there's any easy workaround for the minor problem I ran into, but a caution in the message about the .NET framework component, reminding the user that he has to use Internet Explorer to install this upgrade, might be helpful to somebody. dcb