Page 1 of 1

14 March, 2006 "Nightmare"

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:01 am
by keith
This one is much less difficult than usual. Not easy, just less difficult!

Keith

you must be seeing something that I have not.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:05 am
by lac
I've only placed r3c3 r1c5 r3c7 and r1c8.

Cannot see any swordfish, and gosh there are a lot of candidates left
everywhere ....

off to work, to will have to save this pleasure for lunchtime,

Laura

Had to color the "3"s and "5"s a little

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:11 pm
by David Bryant
I also thought this puzzle was simpler than the typical "nightmare."

The toughest obstacles I ran into yielded to coloring on the digits "3" and "5". dcb

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:22 pm
by Ruud
Point taken.

My stock ran out, having spent a lot of time on the Clueless Specials. I had to pick a few from the B-stock. Fresh Sudokus now arrived from my generator, so be careful what you ask for!

Also, a complete revaluation of my existing stock is pending. Soon you'll need to learn about double-finned jellyfish, Sue-De-Coq, grouped coloring and XY-chains.

Ruud.

15 March was much more difficult

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:01 pm
by David Bryant
Ruud wrote:... be careful what you ask for!
You're right, Ruud. Wednesday's puzzle is much tougher.

I'm curious about some of the new techniques you've mentioned. Do you have some links to explanations? dcb

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:24 pm
by Ruud
David wrote:I'm curious about some of the new techniques you've mentioned. Do you have some links to explanations?
Many of the techniques can be found in this index: http://www.sudoku.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 1804#21804

The latest on finned fish is very fresh, and you can read (a lot) about it here: http://www.sudoku.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3496

Ruud.