Samurai Contest starts Tuesday Nov 21

This is the place to complain about the latest <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/samurai.php">Samurai</a> or boast about being in pole position in the list.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Samurai Contest starts Tuesday Nov 21

Post by Ruud »

Since I already dediced to publish a weekly Samurai, it seemed logical that this would also have to be a contest puzzle.

So it shall be.

Every Tuesday, starting November 21, a new Samurai Contest puzzle will be released. You can submit your solution within a week.

Contestants will be listed. Everybody deserves a fair chance in this contest. No extra points for speedy entries. No extra points for computer programs...

Good luck to you all!

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

Hello Ruud,

Is there a program available for download that will allow you to work on these as one puzzle?

(right now I'm using SudoCue and saving each puzzle - which needs to be opened individually - this makes for 'hard' puzzles to be even harder as I find I constantly muck up my grid 3 corner markups when working this type of puzzle)

Thanks for any info available!
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

No Lynn there is still no programm.
I use the same way as you do.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

Well, I finished it and clicked on 'copy solution' on grid 3. Then pasted it in to submit, but for some reason, the solution copied is NOT the solution I have. So, I hit 'copy filled' and that gave me my real solution.

Boy, it's hard submitting to these lists.
Princess Amy
Hooked
Hooked

Post by Princess Amy »

I'd love a "Samurai Helper," too. I put the numbers in Excel, but I make mistakes.

I just learned to use Sudocue, and so far it's great. For the Samurai, I just put in the center grid and work on my paper copy of the others.

When I'm working in Clueless helper, I do a "print screen," paste into Photoshop, crop and "print to fit page."

I'm brand new to this, so any advice is welcome.

Amy

p.s. I made a "Loco Sudoku" that's six-in-one. It's Samurai shaped, with Killer, butterfly, odd/even, consecutive, and greater/less. I made it in Adobe Photoshop, but saved it as a .png file. There's no way I can format it the way you've requested, but I'd love to share.

What can I do?
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I sometimes use sudocue and paste it in paint. Only when there are more then 6 fields overlapping each other.
I made a quick example
Last edited by Marlie on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Princess Amy wrote:p.s. I made a "Loco Sudoku" that's six-in-one. It's Samurai shaped, with Killer, butterfly, odd/even, consecutive, and greater/less. I made it in Adobe Photoshop, but saved it as a .png file. There's no way I can format it the way you've requested, but I'd love to share.

What can I do?
If you send me the image by email, I will post it here on the forum.

Ruud

PS Marlie,

Could you make the image a little smaller? There is an awful lot of white around the puzzle.
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

[quote="Marlie"]I sometimes use sudocue and paste it in paint. Only when there are more then 6 fields overlapping each other.
I made a quick example
[img]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3449 ... pleph0.jpg[/img][/quote]

How do you paste it in Paint?
I'd love to try that!
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

lynn893 wrote:How do you paste it in Paint?
In SudoCue, press Shift+F12 to copy the grid to the clipboard. You can then paste it in Paint.

Ruud
Marlie
Master
Master

Post by Marlie »

I used an other more difficult way.

But thanx Ruud youre way is easier :lol: