puzzle 29

This is the place to complain about the latest <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/samurai.php">Samurai</a> or boast about being in pole position in the list.
lynn893
Addict
Addict

puzzle 29

Post by lynn893 »

did anyone else find puzzle 29 harder than usual?

I actually went back and re-started it twice because I didn't want to bifuricate so damn much! but I ended up doing that 5 times to complete this one... :oops:

Not now (because there are probably lots more people still completing) but maybe in about a week or so, can someone do a walkthrough on this one for me?

It would be very much appreciated.
nj3h
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nj3h »

I guess what someone finds hard, others will find easy. I thought 29 was very easy. However, 28 had the same rating and it took me forever to find the key to unlock it. I suspect frame of mind, tiredness, and a little luck is what makes the difference.

I am awaiting the birth of my first grandchild (due date next Tuesday), so I was focused to get 29 out of the way in case he comes early.

Regards,
George
Khunangkaro
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

samurai 29

Post by Khunangkaro »

:D
Since I have done ten samurais consecutive and now getting used, this one was the fastest as far as I remember. Just three hours using paper pencil and eraser as usual.
Although I will not count to much only on that, but it will have been of influence that I just teached a Vipassana (meditation) weekend.
Anyway constant concentration all the time is the key for correctness.
So if you (I) loose on that we just might miss that crucial key for an easy solution.

I really look forward every week to jump on the new samurai.
Thanks and compliments to Ruud :!:

:D Greetings with Metta from Thailand in the sun. :D
To Worry Is Useless, Just SMILE
Be Smart Living Simple

Greetings with Metta, Khunangkaro
lynn893
Addict
Addict

Post by lynn893 »

I must have been really having an off day, because, i just went back and re-did it for the hell of it and completed it with no problems at all in under 35 minutes.

Go figure!

:P
falcons75scp
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Post by falcons75scp »

Lynn,

I thought that both 28 & 29 were pretty difficult. I have NEVER done a Samurai in under an hour - although I've come close a couple of times. I don't use the Clueless Helper - just the SudoCue program (X5 - for each portion of the puzzle). Most often, I manage to complete them in less than 2 hours. #29 took me around 3 hours +/- 30 minutes without restarting. I probably spent at least 4 hours on #28 with 3 restarts and never found the key to solve it.
falcons75scp
New kid on the Grid
New kid on the Grid

Post by falcons75scp »

In a private message, Lynn asked me why I wasn't using the Clueless Helper program. I really didn't have a good answer. Today I downloaded it and gave it a try. I found that it DID NOT eliminate the fun of solving the puzzles. It DID reduce the redundant work that I had been doing in using 5 copies of SudoCue open (for a Samurai) and actually cut my best time in about half. Admittedly, this week's Samurai was only a Moderate - but my previous best time was probably also a moderate.

Also earlier in the day, I used the program to try my first Clueless Special and Clueless Explosion. I may be become a regular user of the program.

Steve
JLynn
Hooked
Hooked

Post by JLynn »

I use Clueless Helper for more or less the same reason. If I try to write out all the possibilities into the squares--after, of course, solving all the easy singles--I'm going to screw up somewhere.