Samurai 44

This is the place to complain about the latest <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/samurai.php">Samurai</a> or boast about being in pole position in the list.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Samurai 44

Post by Ruud »

I have no comment feature on the weekly Samurai, but testing this puzzle was a real pleasure, so I'd be interested to know your opinion on this Samurai.

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
jsmif
Regular
Regular

Post by jsmif »

I'm not one of the super-expert solvers, but I quite enjoyed this one. I ended up doing it twice (the first time I used a move I disapprove of in theory, just 'cause I was in a hurry), and there seems to be a definite solving path to it, involving a lot of interplay between the grids.
Nouggie
Regular
Regular

Samurai #44

Post by Nouggie »

Hi Ruud,

The puzzle is excellent...and deceptively difficult.

At about the 15 minute point I had completely solved the LR constituent puzzle and the UR puzzle awaited but one input from the solution puzzle. At this point I thought I would be done by 20 minutes. :P

&#65279;Well, 15 minutes later, :oops: &#65279;I finally found the triple in the UL constituent puzzle. :idea:

&#65279;The triple produced a quad. The quad produced a "1" and then a "3" in nonet #1 of the solution puzzle.
Back to the UL constituent puzzle.
The "3" produced a naked triple, followed by an x-wing, that revealed a second x-wing!!!

Nice solution sequence, Ruud!!!
Nouggie