SudoCue 2.0.0: Two bugs

Ask your support questions for SudoCue here
unkx80
Hooked
Hooked

SudoCue 2.0.0: Two bugs

Post by unkx80 »

Hi Ruud,

Really nice work there in SudoCue 2.0.0. However, I would still like to make two bug reports.

Bug 1: Load any valid sudoku. Holding the Ctrl key down all the time, click on one empty square, then the second empty square, then the third empty square, and then the third empty square again. Viola, some System.InvalidOperationException --> System.ArgumentException.

Bug 2: The F12 key on invalid sudoku bug described at http://www.sudocue.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265 is not resolved as of 2.0.0.

Also a user interface question. If I select two empty squares whose candidates are {1, 2, 4} and {2, 3, 4}, in this order, then when I right click on the second square, the menu for Disable will not contain 1. Is this by design?

Thanks.
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

Both bugs - and others - are fixed.

Version 2.0.0.1 is ready for download.

I also replaced the popup menu. It is easier to select digits for placement or elimination, and it takes the entire selection of cells into account, not only the primary selected cell. It also changes with the selected style.

Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh
unkx80
Hooked
Hooked

Re: SudoCue 2.0.0: Two bugs

Post by unkx80 »

Many thanks for making fixes so quickly.
unkx80 wrote:Bug 1: Load any valid sudoku. Holding the Ctrl key down all the time, click on one empty square, then the second empty square, then the third empty square, and then the third empty square again. Viola, some System.InvalidOperationException --> System.ArgumentException.
Unfortunately, the above is not solved in all 2.0.0.x releases, up to and including 2.0.0.3. In fact, there is no need to load any grid to reproduce this problem:

1. Start SudoCue.
2. Click r1c1.
3. Ctrl+Click r1c2.
4. Ctrl+Click r1c3.
5. Ctrl+Click r1c3 (same square as step 4).

At this point an error message pops up. The full error message reads:
System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in the array. ---> System.ArgumentException: Object must be of type Int32.
at System.int32.CompareTo(Object value)
at Sudoku.CellSelection.CellIndexComparer.Compare(Object x, Object y)
at System.Array.GetPivotValue(IComparer comparer, Array keys, Int32 left, Int32 right)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Array.GetPivotValue(IComparer comparer, Array keys, Int32 left, Int32 right)
at System.Array.SorterObjectArray.QuickSort(Int32 left, Int32 right)
at System.Array.Sort(Array keys, Array items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer comparer)
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer comparer)
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(IComparer comparer)
at Sudoku.CellSelection.Toggle(Cell ce)
at Sudoku.Form1.MouseLeftControlClick()
at Sudoku.Form1.Form1_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
(I hope I didn't make any typos in copying the error message...)
Ruud
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Ruud »

I must have suffered a black-out while I was fixing this error. I now found the real cause and fixed it. The fix will be included in the next release.

Thanks again, Ruud
“If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.” - Emerson M Pugh