SAMURAI #71

This is the place to complain about the latest <a href="http://www.sudocue.net/samurai.php">Samurai</a> or boast about being in pole position in the list.
Nouggie
Regular
Regular

SAMURAI #71

Post by Nouggie »

This Samurai should be rated "2 Easy." The center (solution) sudoku solves using only hidden and naked singles. I did not solve for a single digit in any of the four constituent puzzles. :(
Nouggie
DianaB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DianaB »

Way too easy...now what??? :? A long week ahead till next Samurai :shock:
TKollen
Regular
Regular

Samurai #71

Post by TKollen »

The puzzle was solved in a few minutes by line box reductions and naked singels only in the center puzzle. Obviously a computer generated puzzle. Had Ruud been around this puzzle would never have been posted.

Tomas
JLynn
Hooked
Hooked

Post by JLynn »

There was a time this puzzle would've been graded Very Hard due to the X-wing required in the bottom right grid.
Oscar
Regular
Regular

Post by Oscar »

I agree, It's the botom right grid that was really fun to solve.
If you are only interested in the central one, without further work, it was really a practice session on how to use SudokuSolver :D
Nothing can both be and not be
Jean-Christophe
Addict
Addict

Post by Jean-Christophe »

DianaB wrote:Way too easy...now what??? :? A long week ahead till next Samurai :shock:
Here's one for you to wait...

Should be "a little bit" harder than Ruud's "Very hard". One move will unlock it. Not an X-Wing, but some other wing.

Enjoy 8-)

Code: Select all

3.41..9.6....3....8..6.21..7.1.....5.3..1.2....5..9.175.7.9.........3...6..2.1...
1.2..43.9....2......45.1..85.....8.2..3.8..1.81.6..9......1.6.3...2........3.6..5
.....................6.3.....9.8.1.....5.4.....6.1.5.....3.9.....................
5..3.9........6...1.3.5......6..5.81.1..2.5..2.8.....34..5.76......9....9.26..4.7
...9.3..2...8.........6.5.472.4..3....9.3..1.5.....4.9..43.9..7....8....6.8..12.5
Børge
Master
Master

Post by Børge »

I assume that everyone here knows www.samurai-sudoku.com. I usually solve the ones rated Fiendish, posted every Friday.

Using one of the first two worksheets in this Excel Workbook, you can pretty easily rip the Sudoku code from the web site and onto the clipboard, and then paste it into Clueless Helper or your favourite solver/helper program.

Firebug is an add-on to Mozilla Firefox. If you are not familiar with installing add-ons to Mozilla Firefox, use the second worksheet. Albeit the meager user guide here says "Start Microsoft Internet Explorer", you can of course use another Internet browser instead.

If you want a Sudoku code ripper for an Internet site not supported in the Excel Workbook, send me a PM and I'll look into it.
Hilsener i fra vikingen :viking: Børge
DianaB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DianaB »

Jean-Christopher...Thanks for the puzzle! And, Borge, thanks for the info re: fiendish samurai on Fridays :D

Since I had a bit of extra time this week, I finally worked up the courage to try an Assassin. Number 40 was certainly a good starting point for a beginner (as suggested by Andrew Stuart).
Pete
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pete »

I looked at several assassins guess ill try #40
if it takes less time than samurai + clueless + explosion... maybe ill be able to do them every 2 weeks or so
"It gets dark at night" - Olbers